Terms & Conditions
The supply and sale of clothing and accessories on the www.twinset.com website are governed by the following General Conditions of Sale.
The goods purchased on the www.twinset.com website are produced, sold and marked by trade marks owned by Twin Set – Simona Barbieri S.p.A., with registered office in Carpi (MO), Via Del Commercio 32, registered with the Companies' Register of Modena, no. 390497, VAT Reg. No. 07889180969, Share Capital 522,400.00 EUR fully paid up. (hereinafter "TWINSET" or the "Vendor" or "we").
1. CONCLUSION OF THE SALES CONTRACT
- 1 - These general conditions of sale are an integral and essential part of the sales contract concluded with the customer. The order sent via the web by the customer implies the full knowledge of these General Conditions of Sale as well as their full acceptance. If the customer does not agree with one or more terms of these General Conditions of Sale, he/she shall abstain from making purchases on www.twinset.com (the "Website").
- 2 - To proceed with the purchase of one or more products on the Website, the customer shall first of all register on the Website, in compliance with the applicable provisions concerning the protection of personal data, providing TWINSET with all the data required to allow the latter to process the orders received.
- 3 - To conclude the purchase contract with TWINSET, the customer shall send TWINSET his/her order in compliance with the procedure referred to on the Website. By sending the order via the web, the customer undertakes to pay the price indicated therein.
- 4 - When the customer places an order, he/she will receive an email from TWINSET containing the order confirmation and a summary of the order: the email shall in any case not constitute the automatic acceptance of the order.
- 5 - TWINSET reserves the right to refuse orders from customers with which there is an outstanding dispute about payment for a previous order.
2. SALES PRICES
- 1 - All the prices of the products displayed and indicated on the Website are inclusive of VAT and all other applicable sales taxes.
- 2 - Where foreseen, the cost of shipping and transport will be clearly indicated and displayed prior to completing the order.
- 3 - The prices of the products may be updated. The customer undertakes to ascertain the final sales price prior to submitting the order. For any obvious material errors concerning the prices published on the Website compared to the commonly known price of the chosen product, TWINSET shall have the right to not confirm the shipment and to proceed to immediately refund the amount paid by the customer without the customer raising any objections thereto.
3. METHODS OF DELIVERY
- 1 - TWINSET will do everything in its power to process the orders within 7 working days and in any case no later than 30 days from the day following that on which the customer submitted the order.
- 2 - The customer shall, on receipt, check the conformity of the goods delivered with the order placed; only after having checked the goods, and without prejudice to the right of withdrawal laid down in point 7 below, the customer shall sign the delivery receipt. In completing the personal detail sheet in the registration procedures, required for the execution of this contract and all relative correspondence, the customer authorizes TWINSET to notify his/her personal data (address, phone number) to the couriers and/or shipping companies used to deliver the purchased goods, in order to allow their delivery.
4. PAYMENT METHODS
- 1 - To pay the price of the goods and relative shipping and delivery charges, where foreseen, the customer may use one of the methods indicated in the order form. Under no circumstances will the customer be charged additional costs for the chosen method of payment.
- 2 - In the event of payment by credit card, the payment procedure takes place via a protected connection directly to the bank and the on-line payment service, to which TWINSET has no access. In particular, the financial information (such as, for example, the credit/debit card number or its expiry date) will be submitted, using a cyphered protocol, to Banca Sella or to other banks that supply the relative remote electronic payment services, without third parties being able to access them in any way. Furthermore, this information will never be used by TWINSET for purposes other than completing the relative purchase procedures and to issue the required reimbursements in the event of product restitutions, following the exercise of withdrawal rights, or if it is necessary to prevent or report to the police any fraudulent acts perpetrated on the Website.
The amount of the order will be charged at the time of the bank transaction, clearly without prejudice to the customer's right to be refunded the amount in the event of breach by the Vendor or non-performance of the contract for any reason whatsoever.
- 3 - The customer is solely responsible for all data provided, and guarantees the use of credit cards of which only he/she is an authorized user.
- 4 - If the customer has a credit card with PayPal activation, he/she can save an identification code here, which will avoid having to enter the details for future payments. In this case, the data provided will be collected by TWINSET in encrypted form and transmitted to PayPal.
- 5 - The customer may proceed by Sofort bank transfer service, simply need to select his bank in the payment module: if his bank is not listed it means that the bank has yet to activate this payment system.
- 1 - TWINSET shall not be liable for any disservice caused by force majeure, including but not limited to accidents, explosions, fires, strikes and/or lockouts, earthquakes, flooding or similar events which wholly or partly impede the performance of the contract within the agreed time.
- 2 - TWINSET shall not be liable to any party or third parties concerning damage, losses or costs incurred due to the non-performance of the contract for the above-listed reasons, and the customer shall have the right to receive only the refund of the price paid.
- 3 - Equally, TWINSET shall not be liable for the fraudulent or unlawful use by third parties of credit cards, checks or other means of payment used to pay for the purchased products. TWINSET does not have access to the customer's credit card number at any time in the purchasing procedure, as the number is transmitted directly to the manager of the banking services.
- 4 - The essential characteristics of the products are presented on the Website in each product data sheet. The images and colors of the products on sale may however vary, due to the effect of the Internet browser and/or monitor used.
6. OBLIGATIONS OF THE CUSTOMER
- 1 - It is strictly forbidden for minors to place orders on the Website.
- 2 - The data entered when purchasing must exclusively be the user's actual personal data and not that of third parties, or invented data. TWINSET reserves the right to prosecute all breaches and abuse, in the interests of and to protect all consumers.
- 3 - The customer shall hold TWINSET harmless of all liability deriving from the issue of incorrect tax documents due to errors in the data provided by the customer, who shall remain the only party responsible for the correct input of data.
7. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL OR REFUND
- 1 - The customer may exercise the right of withdrawal and return the goods received, without any penalties and without having to specify the reason, in compliance with the terms and methods indicated below.
- 2 - The customer may request to return goods directly on the Website, by accessing his/her own account and completing and submitting to TWINSET the returns form, following the procedure laid down therein - i.e. by submitting an explicit declaration of his/her decision to withdraw from the contract - within fourteen (14) days from the date of receipt of the goods.
- 3 - Goods must be returned intact, unwashed, undamaged and bearing their bar-code labels and any other seals that are part of them; it is not possible to reimburse customers for goods that are returned incomplete, ruined, damaged, showing signs of wear or dirty.
- 4 - The goods the customer wishes to return must be delivered to the shipping agent within fourteen (14) days, starting from the date on which the customer notifies the Vendor of his/her decision to withdraw from the contract.
- 5 - The cost of returning the goods shall be borne by TWINSET on condition that the customer uses the preprinted adhesive label found inside the package. This procedure enables TWINSET to pay the courier directly for the return costs and to track the location of the package at any time. If on the other hand the customer decides to return the goods using a different shipping agent, he/she shall bear the costs of shipment, including any liability in the event of loss or damage to the goods.
- 6 - On return of the goods, the Vendor shall check their conformity with the terms and conditions laid down in this paragraph.
- 7 - If the right of withdrawal is exercised in the methods and terms indicated in this paragraph, TWINSET shall refund the customer any amounts received for the purchase of the goods.
- 8 - Whatever methods of payment used by the customer, the Vendor shall arrange for the refund in the shortest possible time and in any case within fourteen (14) days from the date on which the Vendor was informed of the exercise of the right of withdrawal, having checked the conformity of the withdrawal procedure and the returned goods.
- 9 - The Vendor generally refunds the amounts using the same method of payment used by the customer when purchasing the goods. If a virtual credit card was used, or the credit card has expired or is about to expire, the customer may email@example.com to agree the most appropriate repayment method.
8. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 1 - All disputes over the application, performance, interpretation or breach of the purchase contracts concluded on the website www.twinset.it are governed by Italian law; where not explicitly laid down therein, these general conditions shall refer to the provisions of the Italian Civil Code and Italian Legislative Decree (D.Lgs.) 205/06 ("Consumer Code"). Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
- 2 - Any disputes between the parties concerning this contract shall be referred to the courts in the place of domicile of the consumer; all other disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Modena.
- 3 - In case of disputes between the Seller and the customer arising from the General Terms and Conditions of Sale, please note that the European Commission provides a platform for the alternative out-of-court settlement of the same, which can be accessed on the websitehttp://ec.europa.eu/odr.
9. AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
- 1 - TWINSET reserves the right to alter this Website, its policies and these General Conditions of Sale at any time, in order to offer new products and services, or to comply with legal or regulatory provisions. Customers accessing the Website and submitting an order shall comply with the policies and terms of the General Conditions of Sale in force at the time of placing the order, unless such amendments have retroactive effect pursuant to the applicable law (in this case, they may also apply to orders the customer has placed previously). Should any of the provisions of these Conditions of Sale be deemed invalid or void or for any reason inapplicable, the condition shall not prejudice the validity and effectiveness of all other provisions.
Information pursuant to Article 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003
Your personal data will be processed – automatically and non automatically – by Twin Set - Simona Barbieri S.p.A. ("TWINSET"), registered office in Via Del Commercio 32, 41012 Carpi (Modena), Italy, Isc. Reg. Imprese di Modena, REA n. 300497, Italian VAT number 07889180969, as Data Controller, in order to complete your future purchase orders on our website www.twinset.com and to use the services reserved to registered users.
Furthermore, with your consent, your personal data may also be processed by TWINSET for sending commercial correspondence and other information and promotional material related to the TWINSET world as well as to carry out direct selling and opinion polls using traditional methods of contact (regular mail and/or phone calls conducted by an operator) and/or automated and assimilated (text messages, emails).
Your personal data also may also be disclosed to third parties for technical reasons only that are strictly related to the purposes above mentioned and in particular to the following categories: public and private organisations, professionals, companies or other structures; public authorities and administrations for the fulfillment of legal obligations.
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory: failure to provide the information requested will not allow you to complete your registration and to complete your future purchase orders.
The information requested in fields not marked with (*) are optional: failure to provide the information requested does not affect your right to register: however, their lack of these data may not allow us to deliver some services reserved to registered users for which such data are essential (for example, if you do not include your date of birth you will not receive promotional correspondence on the day of your birthday).
The employees assigned to Data Processing are those involved in the management of the website and in providing related services, marketing and information systems.
At any given time – as per Article 7 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 – you can request access to your personal data to update them, correct them, integrate them, and delete them.
You are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data, also separately for marketing activities with traditional and automated methods, with the need to specify to which activities you object to, otherwise the request will be deemed to refer to all marketing activities.
To assert your rights as well as to receive an updated list of the parties responsible and instructed to Data Processing, please contact TWINSET by mail at the above mentioned address or by phone on +39 05991951.
We inform you that the legislation on Personal Data Protection (Article 130, paragraph 4, Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003) permits TWINSET – without your consent - to use your personal data for direct sales of products similar to those you have already purchased, unless you refuse to allow such use of your registered email address.
Most of the cookies used by our website are browser cookies, i.e. cookies that enable the website to work properly and the provision of the relative services requested by our users.
The browser cookies used by www.twinset.com are:
a) For registered users, those required to enable you to be recognized as such when you have logged in and attempt to access the services offered to registered users by the website.
There is another type of cookies used with reference to the browsing sessions of users of our website www.twinset.com: these are third-party cookies, which provide us with marketing services.
They can be:
a) analytics cookies, required for the statistic analysis services provided by Google Analytics: in these circumstances, only strictly anonymous data are processed and then only for statistical purposes.
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are configured to accept cookies. However, most of them also allow you to control and disable cookies by changing your browser settings.
In any case, please remember that disabling browser cookies can prevent the website from working properly and/or limit the services offered.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or disable third party or marketing/retargeting cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
To disable the viewing of the Criteo advertisements: http://www.criteo.com/privacy/
To disable the analytics cookies, you can download the browser add-in for disabling Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To disable the Google re-targeting cookies, please visit http://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
The site twinset.com and all its contents are the exclusive property of Twin Set - Simona Barbieri S.p.A. in that they are governed by the laws on copyright, merchandise marks and/or other intellectual property rights.
It is therefore strictly forbidden to use these contents (whether texts, photographs or any other kind) without the prior written authorization of Twin Set - Simona Barbieri S.p.A.